The story of us...The Watts Family...and regular updates for those who are following...

3.02.2009

Talkin' Away!

Wow, Molly is SO talkative this morning! Well, she is napping right this minute, but earlier? Boy, was she tellin' me about it!! I just chatted back to her. I think it's that she has discovered her voice and it delights her! There are moments when I see the surprise in her eyes that she, yes SHE, made "that noise" and I love it! I just tell her to "tell me more!" and ask her what she thinks about it, really, now?! LOL...

I have a chicken breast in the crockpot. The menu is all lined out- now if we can only stick to it, that would be nice for a change! Here is what we're having this week:

Monday--Chinese Fried Rice with Chicken
Tuesday--Spaghetti with meat sauce
Wednesday--Chicken Enchiladas and Rice (one of Todd's faves!)
Thursday--Can-Can Chicken and broccoli
Friday--Oodles of Noodles Chili Bake, corn on the cob, spinach
Saturday--Down Home Chicken and Noodles
Sunday--Homemade Broccoli Cheese Soup

I love to cook! I can't wait until we begin Molly on "real" food so that we can introduce her to allll the many tastes that Todd and I love. He LOVES seafood and Cajun food. I LOVE Italian and Chinese food. We BOTH LOVE Mexican food.

When the time comes for Molly to eat "baby food" I think what I'll do is just make my own. I have a recipe book for it, of course, and that stuff HAS to be better than the pre-packaged, preservatives-loaded, overpriced junk they sell in the stores, right? Home cookin' is ALWAYS better than the crud in the jar, wouldn't you think?! I sure would rather have REAL green beans blended up at home, rather than some green, slimy goop that you buy in the Gerber jar. Right? Right!! LOL. I hope Molly is like Spencer in that she would rather have FRUIT instead of SUGARY SNACKS. I haven't talked about Spencer much on my blog, but he is SUCH a sweet and endearing child. Really, guys, I think this kid's IQ is higher than most of the adults I know! LOL. And did I mention the fact that he is so sweet?! Spencer, you are the BEST kid I can think of. When I think of the concept of Good Kid, Spencer comes immediately to mind. His mom and dad are doing SUCH an awesome job with him and I hope Todd and I can live up to this, so that people will think the same way about Molly Piper when she becomes old enough to interact, verbalize and socialize. YAY, SPENCER!!!

No comments: