The story of us...The Watts Family...and regular updates for those who are following...

4.04.2009

Whatever Happened To....

Yeah, so, whatever happened to Molly Murphy's? Yeah, I LOVED that place! I was probably 5 or 6 or 7 and got a HUGE kick out of the YMCA coming to our table and taking our order and pulling us out onto the dance floor....


It was probably 1983 or early 1984. My mom took my cousins and I there a lot, or so I remember! It was Tulsa's "hot spot" for families and I absolutely loved it! I remember several times being there with my cousins, my mommy ordering potato skins as an appetizer! On one occasion, my Aunt Betsy came with us and she was shocked at the bathroom "protocol"! LOL. They made her do the CAR WASH and it was a blast!!!!!! I will never forget these times. I also remember me, going out onto the dance floor alone. It was a rather small dance floor, considering the crowd that always came to Molly Murphy's, but still....I went alone...which is something I have done, and would totally still do today!

So THANKS to my mother for showing me the more "burlesque" side of life and letting me have the experience of havng fun! I will never forget it, nor will I ever forget how we ALWAYS asked where the bathroom was, just to be goofy!!!!! LOL. Wow, what a trip down memory lane....

1 comment:

Candy said...

I won a gold record at molly Murphys for dOin the skin da. At wit My dad on the dance floor

I Miss bakers and ideal bad