The story of us...The Watts Family...and regular updates for those who are following...

3.08.2008

Nursery Bedding 101

As you can see, Baby Watts is set in the bedding department. This darling line includes many of my favorite colors and fortunately is fit for a boy or girl. I have some pails in blue, green and yellow and I can tie ribbon to them to accent for a boy or girl baby when the time comes, in order to give the room an overall feminine or masculine look and feel...









I started buying pieces of this bedding ensemble about a year ago. It's sage green, khaki, white and of course pale shades of yellow, blue and green. Just adorable, and it totally fits with my animal-loving personality....
Yes, I know this post has nothing to do with GBS but I wanted to share with you all anyway. I have the valances, diaper stacker, crib bumper, quilt, stroller blanket, wallpaper border, crib sheets, lamp shade and mobile all to match, with little animals all over them. The colors really aren't done any justice in these photos, but this is the one thing I am most proud of myself for buying...and like I said, I started buying this bedding almost a year ago. I'd buy a piece here and there, like every other payday or something like that. At first, I think Todd thought I was crazy. But now I bet he's glad I was thinking ahead!
Truth be told, I've been buying baby items for about 2 or 3 years total. I bought mostly girl items, but have recently started buying for a boy as well, because I really don't know which God is going to bless us with. Maybe twins?? Hahhahahahhahaaa. That would be a blast, but lots of duplicates and of course, duplicate work. Oh well. Whatever baby it is that God chooses for us, no matter what, it is Meant to Be....
I will not know what to do if Dr. Collins wants to test for Downs Syndrome. The test itself scares me and really, I don't want to spend the time between the test and getting the results back, worrying and wondering and waiting. I think we have decided just to go with it...and no matter what, it is our child to love and cherish and protect 4 ever. No matter what. We were talking about it tonight, and really, we have enough love in our hearts for a special child. I think as couples embark on the journey of starting their family, of course they hope and pray for a healthy baby. But realistically, a Downs baby can be just as healthy as a baby without Downs. As I said, we have lots of love to give this Little One, no matter what.
My friend Charlotte had to have this test done and she was worried sick the entire time while waiting for the results. She did tell me, if I remember correctly, that some doctors like to do the test on any woman over 30. Well, I'm 31 so that puts me in that category. But I do feel that I have the right to opt out of that testing. I don't know. I don't even know why I'm fretting about it now. I'll have to stop that, and stop stressing what minimal amount I'm stressing. Charlotte had to have an amniocentesis, which scares the living daylights out of me. A foot-long needle being pierced through my belly button simply does NOT sound like a fun way to spend an afternoon. No thank you.
Ugh. Now I feel worried, but mainly about the tests. I will just have to wait to see what my OB says on the 19th when we go for the ultrasound. Everyone please keep us in your thoughts and prayers.
xoxo
liz

No comments: